Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tomato - Roma

I was organising my seed catalogs and I found an unopened roma tomato seed packet. It was given to me by my friend "G". According to the seed packet it is rot-resistant and crack-free. I haven't tried growing this variety type.

It's been quite a while since the last time I grew tomato without satisfactory result. Perhaps I am one of those growers who complain about tomato fussy growing requirements (8 hours of full sun, temperature, watering requirement, fertiliser etc). I am challenging myself and I decided to grow it again.

I started the tomato plant more than a month ago, and not long ago I transplanted it into a full size pot. I mixed in plenty of compost into soil to give the plant a healthy starting boost. Let see how it goes as time goes by.

transplanted young tomato seedlings.





17 days later....

No comments:

Post a Comment